About Bianca Hendricks
This month’s guest, Bianca Hendricks is a Hudson Valley-based entrepreneur with over fifteen years of hospitality experience. After working in many roles in the industry, she is on a mission to bring a young, fresh spin to event planning in the Hudson Valley, and so she founded RSVP by B in 2012. Her company specializes primarily in weddings and special events, though she is also involved in corporate and community events, such as Taste of Arlington and Poughkeepsie First Fridays.
Bianca provides memorable experiences for her clients through phenomenal customer service. Bianca has excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. She listens attentively, communicates persuasively (on behalf of her clients) and follows through diligently. Bianca always puts her clients first and will go above and beyond to ensure all their needs and desires are satisfied.
Bianca graduated from The Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management. She has had the opportunity to work and learn from many great professionals throughout the country, from New York to Hawaii. In any position she has held, she had a passion to plan, organize, and execute successful events!
Bianca and I had a wide ranging conversation, connecting as small business owners in the Hudson Valley. While she is not directly involved in food, she has worked in hospitality and events for a number of years, and has been involved in local community events centered around food, art, music and culture – a natural fit for this show! We talk about how she got into business, the challenges of being a mom and business-woman, and what she’s doing with Poughkeepsie First Fridays.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- What is event planning?
- How she got into business
- The power of proper delegation of tasks
- How/when she started bringing on people in her business
- How she got involved with First Fridays in Poughkeepsie
- Revitalizing the City of Poughkeepsie
- What is First Fridays?
- What exactly you do in a college program for Hospitality Management and how it helps
- How she balances being a mom and an entrepreneur
- And so much more!
Love the show?
If you love our show, please support us by:
- Sharing it with your friends
- Leaving a comment on the show notes
- Writing a review on iTunes or Facebook
- Donating on Patreon
- Contacting us to learn about sponsorship opportunities
- Contacting us for a feature/interview