About Jordan Koschei
Jordan Koschei is a designer, developer, and writer based in New Paltz, NY. He’s the builder of the Hudson Valley Talentbase, the online creative community for the Hudson Valley.
At his day job, Jordan is currently the lead product designer at Agrilyst, a venture-backed startup that provides a data and management platform for indoor farms. He’s previously worked as a freelance designer as well as at an agency, and has worked with companies at every scale, from mom-and-pop shops to the Fortune 100.
When not building software or writing, Jordan can usually be found exploring the Hudson Valley with his wife, enjoying the local food scene, or yelling “GOALLLLLL!!!” as stadium announcer for local soccer team Stockade FC.
After hearing Jordan speak about his project at a recent HV Tech meetup in December 2017, I knew I wanted to learn more and speak with him on the show. We stray a bit away from food/health, but we have a great chat about what it means to be creative, how to monetize and how to build an online platform.
During our conversation, we talked about everything from how and why Jordan got started on this project, what stage he’s at now, where he hopes to take it, and the considerations he has to make for features and how to approach making changes now that the platform is live with real users. We discuss how to turn it into a business, and Jordan’s unique perspective and philosophy on what creative really means.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- Why the Hudson Valley is as great an area to develop a business career as New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles (if not better)
- A new, “liberal” definition of what it means to be creative
- The idea behind HV Talentbase
- How HV talent base works
- Monetization without destroying the sense of community
- Future aspirations of HV Talentbase
- Economic development data of HV Talentbase
- How many people will ever be using the HV Talentbase?
- Broadening the Idea of Creativity between different types of people in the HV
- Scalability of the HV Talentbase
- Providing actual value to the users of HV Talentbase
- How to go about making changes systematically, once a new app has real users
- and so much more!
Love the show?
If you love our show, please support us by:
- Sharing it with your friends
- Leaving a comment on the show notes
- Writing a review on iTunes or Facebook
- Donating on Patreon
- Contacting us to learn about sponsorship opportunities
- Contacting us for a feature/interview